Frequently Asked Questions
When they turn 15!
Most students love the MVP package. It includes the Basic Drivers Education course (10hours of class/6 hours of driving) PLUS on the day of the drive test we will pick the student up, drive for an extra 2 hours to review, give the drive test in a Merkley's car and bring them back home with their license.
The supreme has a one hour review drive and the MVP has a two hour review drive prior to the test.
No! Add a drive test for $40 and then go straight to the Tag Agency to get your license printed.
First: Make an appointment for the "Written Knowledge Exam" to avoid lines, at this website: https://okdpsweb2.cxmflow.com/WebAppt/Wizard/Services (Even if you have the golden ticket)
- 2 forms of ID (Birth Certificate or Passport for one of them)
- School Letter (from high school counselor office, if under 18)
- Completion Certificate or Registration Form
- Social Security Number
- Parent or Legal Guardian (if under 18)
** Must be at least 15 ½ Years Old
** DPS does NOT accept copies
** If school is out for the summer, the office will have summer hours.
** If school is out for a break get it BEFORE school is out because they will be closed.
** If you need to take the reading test, it will be offered at some point during the 10 hours of class. Call 405-348-6686 to confirm a time.
** Registration Form is the form you sign on the first day of class. (You WILL take the 20 question written test)
** Completion Certificate (Golden Ticket) is received on your last drive time. The DPS does NOT keep it when you get the permit. Make sure to put it in a safe place. You will also need it on the day of your drive test and for an insurance discount. (You will NOT take the 20 question written test)
At the DPS appointment:
Pass the Vision & Written Test (75%) at the Department of Public Safety.
(If student completes Driver Education before getting a permit; the written test portion of the process will be waived).
*** Now they can drive with a licensed driver 21 or older sitting in the front seat between the hours of 5am-10pm.
1. Log in to the student portal.
2. Update any information (license number, restrictions, etc.)
3. Select "Purchase" if you do NOT have a testing package.
a. Select a Package
b. Click "Pay Now" or "Pay Later"
4. Click "Road Test Request Form"
- In the message: Let us know which package you are wanting. We can also see what you select. We will schedule as close to the time you request. Make sure to read your confirmation email.
To get a License (Intermediate License, Restriction G) you must:
1) Be at least 16 years old.
2) Have had a permit for 6 months with no accidents or tickets
3) Have driven 50 hours with a permit; 10 of those hours at night.
(The Affidavit must be Signed and Notarized if under 18).
If a parent is present you will not need the affidavit. They will sign in person.
4) Have Completed Driver Training Program and have Certificate of Completion
5) Pass The Driving Test (75%) at the Merkley's or the DPS.
When does Merkley's offer the driving test?
Monday- Friday 7am - 4:15pm
Saturday 7am-10:00am (Tag agency closes at 12 on Saturdays)
*** Now they can drive by themselves and have 1 friend in the car or have as many family members living in the same household in the car with them. They cannot drive between the hours of 10pm – 5am unless it is a school, work or church related activity. Restrictions don't apply if licensed driver 21 or older is in front seat.
Monday - Saturday. Saturdays, we test early. (7am - 10am-ish) The tag agency closes at Noon on Saturdays