Permit (Restriction 9)
In order to obtain a Learners License the student must be :
1) 15 1/2 years old.
2) Currently receiving instruction in a driver education program. (15 years old to start)
3) Have 2 forms of ID (Birth Certificate or Passport and a SS Card, School ID or Parent Affidavit).
4) Have Social Security Number.
5) School Letter (Includes proof of enrollment in school and a passing grade on the 8th grade reading test; Under 18).
6) Merkley's Driving School Registration form.
7) Pass the Vision & Written Test (75%) at the Department of Public Safety.
***If you complete Merkley's before you get your permit; the written test will be waived!!
***Now they can drive with a licensed driver 21 or older sitting in the front seat.
(No other restrictions apply other than no driving between 10pm – 5am).
***You can now schedule an appointment online in order to get a PERMIT!
Times fill up so plan ahead a few weeks.
Fees Involved at the Tag Agency:
$42.50 First time Learner License (Permit)
$25.00 Duplicate license (Restriction Change after Driving Test)
$4.00 Fail Fee for Written and Driving Tests
How to Schedule a Drive Test
#2 "Purchase" a package OR Click "Road Test Request Form" to schedule your test.
*** In the message: Let us know which package you are wanting.
We will schedule as close to the time you request.
Make sure to read your confirmation email.
Drivers License Requirements:
In Order To Obtain an Intermediate License (Restriction G):
1) At least 16 years old.
2) Have had a permit for 6 months with no accidents or tickets. (30 Days if over 18 years old.)
4) Completed a driver training program and have a certificate of completion. (You will receive that on the last day of driving).
5) Pass the driving test (75%) at Merkley's Driving School or the Department of Public Safety.
6) Anyone who has completed a drivers education program in Oklahoma, and has a Oklahoma Permit can take the driving test at Merkley's.
***Now they can drive by themselves and have 1 friend in the car or have as many family members living in the same household in the car with them. They cannot drive between the hours of 10 PM and 5 AM unless it is a school, work or church related activity.
What to Bring:
Completion Certificate (Golden Ticket)
Parent Affidavit (Takes place of parent being present)
$20 (Cash or Check to OTC)
Merkley's Remaing Balance (Cash, Check or CC)
(***If you cannot find your "Golden Ticket" we can print another out.
PLEASE search for it first. DPS did not keep it when you got your permit.)
***If you need to UPDATE your address on your permit, do it now!
Once you move, you have 10 days to change your information. If your information is not changed you will have to go to the DPS!
Lets skip that step!
Merkelys Driving School 2015