Permit (Restriction 9)
In order to obtain a Learners License the student must be :
1) 15 1/2 years old.
2) Currently receiving instruction in a driver education program. (15 years old to start)
3) Have 2 forms of ID (Birth Certificate or Passport and a SS Card, School ID or Parent Affidavit).
4) Have Social Security Number.
5) School Letter (Includes proof of enrollment in school and a passing grade on the 8th grade reading test; Under 18).
6) Merkley's Driving School Registration form.
7) Pass the Vision & Written Test (75%) at the Department of Public Safety.
***If you complete Merkley's before you get your permit; the written test will be waived!!
***Now they can drive with a licensed driver 21 or older sitting in the front seat.
(No other restrictions apply other than no driving between 10pm – 5am).
***You can now schedule an appointment online in order to get a PERMIT!
Times fill up so plan ahead a few weeks.
Fees Involved at the Tag Agency:
$42.50 First time Learner License (Permit)
$25.00 Duplicate license (Restriction Change after Driving Test)
$4.00 Fail Fee for Written and Driving Tests
***If you need to UPDATE your address on your permit, do it now!
Once you move, you have 10 days to change your information. If your information is not changed you will have to go to the DPS!
Lets skip that step!
Merkelys Driving School 2015