Welcome to Merkley's Driving School Inc.
NEWS UPDATES and IMPORTANT REMINDERS
*** Scheduling driving tests just got easier; go to our registration page and request a driving test!
*** Students must be at least 15 years old to start a driver education program.
*** Starting November 1, 2012; Merkley's Driving School will be able to administer the Driving Test! (HB 2365). The Applicant must 1) Complete a driver education program, 2) Have a Oklahoma Permit in order to test at Merkley's!
*** Also starting November 1, 2012; students who have COMPLETED the driver education program with Merkley's before getting a permit; will have the written test waived when they go to the DPS to get their permit. However; they can obtain a permit once they begin the driver education program but would be required to take the written test. (20 Questions/Multiple Choice and make a 75% to pass).
Driving Test Requirements at Merkley's Driving School Inc.
1) Applicant must be 16 years old and have a Permit for 6 months unless they are 18 years old and then a permit is required for 30 days.
2) Notorized Affidavit of 50 Hours of Driving with a Permit (Downloads)
3) Driver Education Completion Certificate (Receive on Final Day of Driving) However; ONLINE COURSES DO NOT QUALIFY for Testing at Designated Testing Sites. Those who take courses online will need to go to the DPS for drive tests.
4) We will need your Oklahoma Permit and Social Security Number in order to test!
5) $25 for Merkley's for the Test and $10 for the Tag Agency for a new picture. (Additional $25 if you want Merkley's to process at DPS & Tag Agency and then take student back to school).
6) Driving Skills; So Be Prepared! :)
Why Choose Merkley's Driving School?
1) Testing Services Available
2) 6 hours of One-On-One Driving Instruction
3) Certificate of Completion for Insurance Company
4) Free Pick Up and Drop Off for Local Students when they DRIVE
5) Classes Offered Year Round at Both Locations
6) Teaching Oklahomans Since 1994
7) Customer Service
Did You Know?
Approximately 40,000 Americans die each year on our highways and city streets. An alarming 19% of these accidents involve drivers between the ages of 16 and 19. Driving is the #1 cause of death for those between those ages.
The factors cited for this unfortunate phenomenon are driver inexperience, speeding, drinking and driving, taking unnecessary risks, and neglecting to wear seatbelts.
Merkley's Driving School Inc. is designed to help students learn and develop safe, responsible driving habits. The course emphasizes an appreciation of the causes and seriousness of traffic accidents, and the consequences of teenage drinking and driving.